In the cold darkness of uncertainty and hopelessness, God always wants us to feel His presence guidance and assurance that He is near. Robert K. Hudnut, author of - Meeting God in the darkness -sums it rightly that - "It is a mystery how a God of light can live and work in the darkness as well". I can not comprehend this and personally find it unacceptable sometimes but as moments of my darkness seem to be passing and in a way coming to an end, I can uderstand how God has used this experience to draw me closer to Him. I was being encouraged to hold on tight, not to let go and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It felt like a P U L L from both sides - who was going to win? I knew I was but when. I tell you, in moments like this you encounter Him in a very special kind of way. Dark 'tunnels' can be frightening, can be lonely, can be tiring, can be of course dark and the feeling of the enemy wanting you down and out is not something one would like to write home about. We can share with the trusted few, I mean the trusted few. I'ts not easy but pray that God brings them your way. We thank God for friends and families who stand and pray with and for us in our 'dark; moments - it's a delight when we are still in His presence knowing He is the burden bearer
If things are not going according to plan, whatever dark situation we might be going through, it can be frustrating and sometimes very difficult to hold on and in my particular dark period that I was going through, I had to continue telling myself, girl you are not alone in this - hold on tight, don't let go and just like the woman who held on to the hem of Jesus's garment for her dear life, and received what she came for. I really like that - this should encoureage all of us. This woman had gone through her dark tunnel for 12 years and when she saw the light at the end of this tunnel, who could stop her from receiving what she'd come for - no one, not even the discyples could stop her. What do you call that kind of attitude? It was her day of devine healing and she was not leaving without it -wow.
Be encouraged and remember who is on your side.
Monday, 18 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment